Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Center of my Heart

Lately I've been acutely aware of the interconnectedness of everything that is. It hasn't been merely a thought or a sense of knowledge. The awareness is on all levels. The most pronounced thing this awareness brings for me, is the responsibility of my words and deeds. Every little thing in my experience and expression does have an effect on the whole of Creation as I can see and at times I feel overwhelmed, as I take in the scope of this awareness more and more. I also know that whenever I become aware that I'm not quite at the center point of my heart, I know I want to get back. It's therefore an easy decision to keep stepping into the center of my heart over and over again.


Only from that vantage point do I feel comfortable enough that my words and deeds are in fact having an effect on the rest of Creation that I can live with. I don't necessarily want to say that I can only do good now. I'm still a human being and as such, there's alas still good and bad in my experience. However, I believe that by making a very regular effort to keep bringing my focus and attention to that center point in my heart, where the unconditional love dictates my words and deeds, I will be able to live with myself a lot easier.

I'm aware that these words sound a bit as if I put a whole lot of stress and expectations onto myself, but I don't believe that to be true. I just feel that the stubborn return to my heart center is something that is needed so I can live with the responsibility that the awareness of my effect on the whole has.

No comments:

Post a Comment