Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Proud Parent

After a whole day of being there for others, I resist the urge to flake out on my blog. The school year is over. My 8th grader graduated with all sorts of awards including a Presidential one. She's been on "Honor Roll" all year and we didn't even  know it. Blame me, for I have not grown up in this country. The awards, academic excellence aside, I have an incredibly mature, focused, beautiful, loving indigo daughter who will make her way in the world, by dancing to her own music and following her very own path at any time. It is with love, gratitude and full respect that I express today how incredibly proud I am of her tenaciousness, beauty, generosity, will power and .open heart. Who says we can't vicariously live through our kids??

No comments:

Post a Comment